279 Derby Avenue, West Haven, CT 06515
The Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center, made possible through the generous leadership gifts of the late Samuel J. Heyman ’60 and the estate of the late Joseph Cullman 3rd ’35, is one of the finest intercollegiate tennis facilities in the nation.
The new building features eight courts surfaced in the famous US Open blue, team locker rooms, a team meeting room, coaches' offices, digital scoreboards, great spectator viewing areas and the new Cary Leeds lobby which includes Yale tennis displays and banners, along with a comfortable gathering area for players and fans alike.
These features have earned the facility tremendous recognition and it now plays host to multiple collegiate and professional tournaments.
The finishing touches of the Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center were completed in fall of 2010 with the installation of the new scoreboard system. Thanks in part to additional gifts from Donald Dell ‘60, Robin Selati ‘88, and Jonathan Clark ’59 the Yale tennis facilities now have the most state of the art scoreboard system in collegiate tennis. The scoreboards allow scoring to take place on individual courts but also to be compiled in one central location.
The original Cullman Courts building was built in 1972 through a gift from Joseph Cullman 3rd ’35 and named in honor of his father, the late Joseph Cullman, Jr., Yale College Class of 1904.
Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center Scoreboards