Yale Bowl Restoration Project
Major Renovation of a Legendary Facility
The Phase I rededication ceremony was held prior to the Yale-Harvard game Nov. 17, 2007. Phase II, including the Jensen Plaza and the Kenney Center additions, was celebrated in 2009.
- Oct. 2, 2009: First Stone Placed at Jensen Plaza
- Nov. 17, 2007: Rededication of Yale Bowl Marks Milestone for Athletics Tomorrow and Yale Football Tradition
- Yale Facilities Website: Restoration Photos
- Feb. 17, 2005: Jensen Plaza Entrance Added to Yale Bowl Restoration
- Oct. 10, 2005: Plans for Kenney Center Announced
- Sept. 21, 2005:New Haven Register: Bowl Taking Shape
- June 21, 2005: New Haven Register: Rehabbing the Bowl
- June 26, 2005: Hartford Courant: Sprucing Up Yale Bowl
- May 16, 2005: Yale Bowl Project Moving Along
- Yale Football Home Page
Wood Seat Sections from Yale Bowl Available as
Sections of the wooden seats that were removed from the Yale Bowl,Class of 1954 Field, as part of the ongoing restoration are now available as a limited-edition collectible for $250 each. Each 16-inch seat section, painted Yale blue, comes with a plaque identifying it as an original Yale Bowl seat and can include the name of the individual that it is purchased for. Further information on this great gift idea is available by calling (203) 432-1434. Please note that these seat sections do not include the metal supports and therefore are not intended to be used as actual seats.