Yale (14-22, 8-7 Ivy) at Dartmouth (13-21, 6-9 Ivy)
Saturday, April 27, 2019 - Game 1, 11:30 a.m.
Saturday, April 27, 2019 - Game 2, (approximately 3 p.m.)
Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 12 p.m.
News and notes for the up-coming three-game series at Dartmouth:
- Yale enters the weekend within striking distance of the No. 2 spot in the Ivy League standings. The Bulldogs are tied with Penn and two games behind second-place Harvard. The Crimson take on first-place Columbia this weekend.
- After a three-game sweep of Penn in Philadelphia last weekend, the Bulldogs dropped a 13-10 decision at Sacred Heart last Wednesday.
- Kumar Nambiar earned Ivy League Pitcher of the Week after his stellar three-hit, complete-game shutout of the Quakers. Penn entered the series with the No. 2 batting average in the nation.
- Nambiar became the third Yale starting pitcher to earn the weekly conference honor. Scott Politz and Alex Stiegler both won the award earlier this season.
- The Bulldogs lead the Ivy League in team ERA (3.99) and fielding percentage (.985) in conference games.
- Griffin Dey enters the weekend leading the Bulldogs among every day players with 10 homers, a .358 batting average and 42 RBI. The 42 RBI marks a collegiate season high. He enters the weekend with a 10-game hitting streak.
- Simon Whiteman continues to spark the offense. He has at least one hit in 32 of 36 games this season. More recently, he's had at least one hit in 16 of his last 18 games, including three multi-hit games in his last four.
- Mason LaPlante is 9 for his last 18 at the plate, with eight runs scored and three walks. He earned a spot this week on the Ivy League Weekly Honor Roll.
- The Bulldogs took two of three from Dartmouth in New Haven last season. Last weekend, Dartmouth lost two of three to Harvard.
- After this weekend, the Bulldogs do not have another scheduled game until May 11 at home against Princeton.
Report filed by Ernie Bertothy, Yale Sports Publicity