Home Opener This Saturday at Bowl
NEW HAVEN, Conn.- The Yale Athletic Department has worked closely with the City of New Haven and the Yale and West Haven Police Departments to create a new traffic plan for the upcoming football season. The following plan will be implemented (beginning with Sept. 29 game against Colgate) to control heavy traffic in the vicinity of Yale Bowl, creating a more efficient way to enter all parking lots and provide a vehicle-free zone from the general admission parking lot to the Bowl.
We ask fans to utilize the following roads to enter each identified lot:
To enter the YUAD/Handicap Lot, Lot F, Lot F Special and Lot H use Chapel Street.
- YUAD and Handicap patrons will enter off of Chapel Street through Gate F.
- Lot F, F Special and H Lot patrons will turn on Central Avenue (southbound) and utilize the entrance on the left. Lot H will no longer enter Gate F of the stadium.
To enter Lot D (General Admission Parking) and Lot B use Derby Avenue (CT-34) and Central Avenue.
- Lot D patrons will enter off of Central Avenue by utilizing the entrance south of the Armory.
- Lot B patrons will enter off of Central Avenue and utilize the entrance on the right.
We have created a pedestrian safety zone on Central Avenue between Cleveland and North Armory. Only emergency vehicles will be permitted on Central Avenue between Cleveland and North Armory during home games.
To enter Lot A, use Yale Avenue.
- Lot A will be open for all home games.
- General admission parking ($5) will be available in Lot A.
- Oversized Vehicles (RVs and Buses) will be directed to Lot A.
Directions to each individual lot and traffic map are available at <www.yalebulldogs.com/information/tickets/2012_yale_pkng.pdf>.
As fans exit the lots, law enforcement and parking staff will provide directions to keep traffic flowing. Here are the specifics for each lot:
- YUAD and Handicap Lot patrons will be directed east on Chapel Street.
- F, F Special and H Lot patrons will be directed north on Central Avenue.
- D and B Lot patrons will be directed south on Central Avenue.
- A Lot patrons will be directed North on Yale Avenue to Chapel Street East.
New Initiatives for the 2012 Season
To provide an even better experience for our fans, we will have Fan Ambassadors at every home game. Fan Ambassadors, who you will recognize by their bright green t-shirts, will be setup throughout our tailgate areas and within the bowl to enhance the game day experience for all our fans. These individuals will have information about game day events, directions to programming around the bowl, and provide shuttle services for our handicap fans. Yale Athletics' Guest Services tent will be located in Jensen Plaza (Gate D) of the stadium. Fans should not hesitate to approach an ambassador or visit the guest services tent if they have any questions or are in need of assistance.
The Tailgate rules have been updated. All lots will open three (3) hours prior to kickoff. Please remember that kegs, charcoal grills and box trucks are no longer allowed in the parking areas.
For more information regarding the Tailgate Rules, please visit <www.yalebulldogs.com/information/tailgates>.