Feb. 25, 2007
New Haven, CT - Yale finished its season as the country's fourth place team after falling to Harvard in the CSA Team Championship 3-4 playoff Sunday at the Brady Squash Center. The Bulldogs could not exact revenge against the team that defeated them just four days earlier.
Head Coach Dave Talbott said fatigue played a role in the loss, but Harvard is also an impressive team.
"We ran out of steam," Talbott said. "Harvard's playing six seniors in the top seven. We're obviously playing with one senior. They're a better team than we are. There just wasn't much gas left in the tank."
Talbott said that although the Bulldogs finished the season where they belonged, he is looking for Yale to improve upon the result next year.
"Fourth in the country is about where our talent level is this season," Talbott said. "The good thing is our team will be a lot better next season. It's probably one of the hardest working teams. The kids can be proud of the way they finished."
1. Sid Suchde (H) def. Nick Chirls (Y), 3-0 (9-7, 9-5, 9-2)
2. Ilan Oren (H) def. Max Samuel (Y), 3-0 (9-6, 9-5, 9-4)
3. Colin West (H) def. Francis Johnson (Y), 3-0 (9-6, 9-4, 9-0)
4. Jason Delierre (H) def. Ho Ming Chiu (Y), 3-0 (9-4, 9-3, 9-6)
5. Mihir Sheth (H) def. Moshe Sarfaty (Y), 3-2 (9-4, 9-4, 7-9, 0-9, 9-2)
6. Garnet Booth (H) def. Aaron Fuchs (Y), 3-2 (7-9, 8-10, 9-2, 9-3, 9-2)
7. Verdi Disesa (H) def. Todd Ruth (Y), 2-1 (7-9, 9-4, 9-1, ret)
8. Niko Hardy (H) def. Colin Campbell (Y), 3-1
9. Todd Ostrow (H) def. Ethan Oetter (Y), 3-1 (9-5, 9-5, 6-9, 9-5)
Report filed by Steven Horn '10, Yale Sports Publicity