New Haven, Conn. – The Yale men's tennis team capped off a successful weekend Sunday at the Army Invitational in West Point, N.Y., winning seven of eight matches against Army and St. Bonaventure.
In singles play against Army, sophomore John Huang, senior Jordan Abergel and freshmen Patrick Chase and Kyle Dawson all won. In doubles, Huang and Abergel teamed up for a victory, as did Chase and Dawson. Freshman Tommy Ratchford paired with Army's Dan Shaffer to win his doubles match as well.
The Bulldogs will return to action on Oct. 14 for ITA Regional play.
1. John Huang (Y) def. Asika Isoh (A), 6‐4, 7‐5
2. Jordan Abergel (Y) def. Tripp Johnson (A), 7‐6 (11‐9), 6‐4
3. Patrick Chase (Y) def. Henry Jang‐Milsten (A), 6‐3, 6‐4
4. Kyle Dawson (Y) def. Alex Holland (A), 6‐4, 6‐4
5. Rashad Shelton (A) def. Dan Shaffer (A), 6‐2, 6‐4, 10‐7
6. Allen Xu (A) def. Tommy Ratchford (Y), 7‐6 (7‐3), 7‐5
1. Isoh/Johnson (A) def. Larregola/Sudakov (B), w/d inj.
2. Post/Faushel (B) def. Jang‐Milsten/Holland (A), 8‐1
3. Xu/Shelton (A) def. Yunez/Guevara (B), 8‐4
1. Huang/Abergel (Y) def. Johnson/Isoh (A), 8‐4
2. Chase/Dawson (Y) def. Verano/Jang‐Milsten, 8‐6
3. Shaffer/Ratchord (Y) def. Xu/Shelton
*Army's Dan Shaffer teamed with Yale's Ratchford at No. 3 doubles
report filed by Alex Milvae '12, Yale Sports Publicity