The Yale Bulldogs fell to Cornell this past Sunday on Cornell's home courts, dropping the doubles point and going on to lose the match 4-0. Yale will continue its Ivy League campaign at home this Friday against Harvard and on Sunday at Dartmouth.
Yale was not able to gain much momentum in doubles despite their impressive record this season, and the Big Red pounced on this opportunity to take the lead and some added confidence entering singles play. The Bulldogs battled hard but lost at the Nos. 2, 4, and 5 positions while some close matches were left unfinished at the other positions. Cornell is currently ranked No. 47 in the country and the success of some players in competing at their level, especially junior Dylan King and senior Captain Nathan Brown, shows that Yale has the ability to snatch several wins in the second half of their Ivy League season.
Report by Andrew Heller '20, Yale Sports Publicity
1. Alafia Ayeni (C) vs. Dylan King (Yale), DNF
2. Lev Kazakov (C) def. Ryan Cheng (Yale), 6-1, 6-3
3. #30 David Volfson (C) vs. Cody Lin (Yale), DNF
4. Daniel Soyfer (C) def. Arnav Dhingra (Yale), 6-3, 6-4
5. Eero Vasa (C) def. Alan Sou (Yale), 6-4, 6-1
6. Evan Bynoe (C) vs. Nathan Brown (Yale), DNF
1. #40 Soyfer/Volfson (C) def. Cheng/Lin (Yale), 6-2
2. Ayeni/Kazakov (C) def. Nathan Brown/King (Yale), 6-2
3. Joseph McAllister/Vasa (C) def. Dhingra/Heller (Yale), 6-1