April 12, 2008
New Haven, CT - Yale (8-10, 2-2 Ivy) bounced back from a tough 4-3 loss against Columbia Friday to defeat Cornell 4-3 Saturday at home. The Bulldogs swept all three doubles matches in the victory.
At No. 1 doubles, junior Josh Lederman and freshman Calvin Bennet pulled out a 9-7 victory over Josh Goldstein and Weston Nichols. Sophomore Connor Dawson and junior Michael Caldwell defeated Marc Asch and Mirza Klis at No. 2 doubles 8-6. After falling behind 7-3 in their doubles match, senior Rory Green and junior Jeff Dawson rallied back to win six straght games and win the match 9-7 at the No. 3 slot.
Jeff Dawson also found success in singles by cruising to a 6-1, 6-3 win over Kyle Doppeit at No. 1 singles. In his second match back, Green bounced back from a disappointing loss yesterday to defeat Jonathan Fife 6-1, 4-6, 6-4 at No. 3 singles. Caldwell clinched the victory for the Bulldogs with a 7-5, 4-6, 6-4 win over Goldstein at No. 2 singles.
1. Jeff Dawson (Y) def. Kyle Doppelt (C), 6-1, 6-3
2. Michael Caldwell (Y) def. Josh Goldstein (C), 7-5, 4-6, 6-4
3. Rory Green (Y) def. Jonathan Fife (C), 6-1, 4-6, 6-4
4. Jonathan Jaklitsch (C) def. Connor Dawson (Y), 7-6, 6-1
5. Jeremy Feldman (C) def. Calvin Bennett (Y), 6-4, 6-4
6. Rory Heggie (C) def. Josh Lederman (Y), 6-4, 6-2
1. Lederman / Bennett (Y) def. Goldstein / Nichols (C), 9-7
2. Caldwell / C. Dawson (Y) def. Asch / Klis (C), 8-6
3. Green / J. Dawson (Y) def. Heggie / Jaklitsch (C), 9-7
Report Filed by Steven Horn '10, Yale Sports Publicity