Team Has Won Award Every Season Pam Stuper Has Been Head Coach
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - The Yale field hockey has been recognized by the National Field Hockey Coaches Association with the NFHCA National Academic Team Award for the 2012 season. The Bulldogs also had 11 individuals named to the NFHCA National Academic Squad. The NFHCA announced the awards on Mar. 4 and 5.
The Bulldogs have earned the National Academic Team Award in each of their eight seasons under head coach Pam Stuper. The award is presented to all NCAA field hockey teams that had a GPA of 3.0 or higher for the fall of 2012.
This year's 11 National Academic Squad honorees from Yale included two seniors who earned the award all four years of their careers: back Lexy Adams (Lancaster, Pa.) and forward Maddy Sharp (San Diego, Calif.), Yale's captain. It also includes junior forward/midfielder Emily Schuckert (Wilmington, Del.), who was an Academic All-Ivy League selection this past fall.
The National Academic Squad recognizes those student-athletes who have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.30 through the first semester of the 2012-13 academic year.
Yale's 2012 NFHCA National Academic Squad honorees:
- Jessie Accurso**, So., Jamison, Pa./Central Bucks South (history)
- Lexy Adams****, Sr., Lancaster, Pa./Penn Manor (molecular biophysics & biochemistry)
- Mary Beth Barham*, Sr., Fairfax, Va./W.T. Woodson (environmental studies)
- Erica Borgo**, Jr., Randolph, N.J./Randolph (political science)
- Danee Fitzgerald*, Fr., Rockville, Md./Rockville (undeclared)
- Brooke Gogel**, Jr., Bronxville, N.Y./Bronxville (political science)
- Georgia Holland***, Jr., Stony Brook, N.Y./Ward Melville (molecular, cellular & developmental biology)
- Grace McInerney**, So., Blue Bell, Pa./William Penn Charter (molecular, cellular & developmental biology)
- Emily Schuckert***, Jr., Wilmington, Del./Tower Hill (environmental engineering)
- Maddy Sharp****, Sr., San Diego, Calif./La Jolla (environmental studies)
- Molly Wolf*, Fr., Endwell, N.Y./Maine-Endwell (undeclared)
*: number of times honored
Report by Sam Rubin '95 (firstname.lastname@example.org), Yale Sports Publicity