All Three Seniors Honored for Fourth Time
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Yale had 16 student-athletes named to the ECAC Hockey All-Academic team, including all three members of the Class of 2010. Defenseman Alyssa Clarke (Donkin, N.S.), forward Berit Johnson (Wayzata, Minn.) and forward Caroline Murphy (Woodstock, Conn.) were each honored for the fourth time.
Yale had the second-highest number of honorees in the 12-team league. Only Harvard (18) had more. Dartmouth and RPI tied for third with 15 honorees each.
Players are eligible for the ECAC Hockey All-Academic team if they earned a cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.00 on a 4.00 scale or have an average GPA of 3.00 over the past three semesters. Whereas in previous years the team was determined at the conclusion of hockey season, this year the announcement of the team was held until the conclusion of the spring semester.
The complete list of Yale's honorees:
- Erin Callahan * (Kenilworth, Ill.), Fr., Undeclared
- Alyssa Clarke **** (Donkin, N.S.), Sr., Economics
- Lauren Davis ** (Morrison, Colo.), So., Undeclared
- Emily DesMeules * (North Pomfret, Vt.), Fr., Undeclared
- Heather Grant ** (Toronto, Ont.), So., History of science/history of medicine
- Aleca Hughes ** (Westwood, Mass.), So., American studies
- Berit Johnson **** (Wayzata, Minn.), Sr., History and economics
- Genny Ladiges * (Almonte, Ont.), So., Psychology
- Samantha MacLean *** (Mississauga, Ont.), Jr., Economics
- Becky Mantell ** (Princeton, N.J.), So., Undeclared
- Caroline Murphy **** (Woodstock, Conn.), Sr., History of science/history of medicine
- Lili Rudis *** (Chicago, Ill.), Jr., Engineering Sciences (Environmental)
- Jackee Snikeris *** (Downingtown, Pa.), Jr., History of science/history of medicine
- Tara Tomimoto * (Calgary, Alta.), Fr., Undeclared
- Natalie Wedell * (Arden Hills, Minn.), Fr., Undeclared
- Alyssa Zupon * (Basking Ridge, N.J.), Fr., Undeclared
* times honored
report by Sam Rubin '95 (email@example.com), Yale Sports Publicity