Monday Night Soccer At Central Connecticut
Bulldogs Hope To Rebound From Saturday's Loss To Harvard
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Yale women's soccer team takes a break from Ivy League play on Monday and travels to Central Connecticut. Kickoff in New Britain is slated for 7 p.m.
Here are storylines for the game:
• After watching his team allow a total of five goals in the last two games, Yale head coach Rudy Meredith said he would use Monday's game to try and correct some defensive issues before Saturday's game with Dartmouth.
• Melissa Gavin has scored a goal in three of Yale's last four games. Her seven goals and 16 points both lead the Ivy League.
• Freshman Geneva Decker was back in the Yale lineup on Saturday after missing four games with an injury. Decker, who has three goals on the season, created a couple of scoring chances in the game with the Crimson.
• After taking a two-year break, Yale and Central Connecticut resumed their rivalry last year. Juliann Jeffrey set up the only goal of the game as the Bulldogs blanked the Blue Devils 1-0. Yale is 14-0 all-time against Central, but the last four have all been one-goal wins.
• Yale is the second Ivy League opponent for the Blue Devils, who fell to Harvard 2-0 on Sept. 29.
• CCSU is coming off a 2-1 double overtime victory over Robert Morris on Friday. Julie Lavoie scored the winning goal just 1:23 into the second overtime period. Lavoie leads the team with three goals.
Report filed by Tim Bennett, Yale Sports Publicity