Both Teams Enter With One League Loss
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Yale women's soccer team is back at Reese Stadium on Saturday hosting Dartmouth. Kickoff on Alumni Day is slated for 4 p.m. The Yale men host Dartmouth at 7 p.m.
Here are storylines for the game:
• Both teams enter Saturday's game with 1-1 Ivy League records. Yale won at Princeton in overtime and then fell 3-1 last Saturday to Harvard. Dartmouth also has beaten Princeton but opened league play with a 1-0 loss to Brown. There has never been an Ivy League champion with two losses.
• The Bulldogs have won the last two meetings with Dartmouth at Reese Stadium, outscoring the Big Green 6-1.
• Yale has been off since last Saturday. The Bulldogs were supposed to play at Central Connecticut on Monday but the game was postponed because of the threat of severe weather. Dartmouth played a scoreless tie with New Hampshire on Wednesday.
• Frannie Coxe began the week 13th in nation in assists per game (0.67). She leads the Ivy League with six assists.
• Melissa Gavin, who has one goal in her career against Dartmouth, leads the Ivy League with seven goals and 16 points. She has scored in three of the last four games.
• Dartmouth has allowed only one goal in its last six games.
• Goalkeeper Tatiana Saunders has started all 10 games and leads the Ivy League with 44 saves.
• Emma Brush (5) and Lucielle Kozlov (3) have combined to score eight of the Big Green's 13 goals on the season.
Report filed by Tim Bennett, Yale Sports Publicity