Bulldogs Visit Marist Monday
Yale Takes A Break From Ivy League Play
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Yale women's soccer team plays a non-league game on Monday night at Marist. Kickoff at the Gartland Athletic Field is slated for 7 p.m.
Here are storylines for the game:
• Both teams played league games on Saturday. The Bulldogs dropped a 1-0 decision at home to Dartmouth, while Marist cruised to a 4-0 victory at Saint Peter's.
• All indications are the weather will cooperate this Monday. Yale was supposed to play at Central Connecticut last Monday, but the game was postponed due to the threat of severe weather.
• Marist (7-6-2) has won three straight games by a combined score of 10-0.
• The Red Foxes have scored 26 goals on the season.
• Yale and Marist are playing for only the fourth time. In the last meeting, Speck and Georgiana Wageman scored to lift the Bulldogs to a 2-0 victory at Reese Stadium. Yale leads the series 2-1. This is the first game to be played at Marist.
Report filed by Tim Bennett, Yale Sports Publicity