No. 4 Yale Falls 5-4 To No. 7 Princeton
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - The No. 4 Yale women's squash team dropped Saturday's match against the No. 7 Princeton Tigers 5-4.
The Bulldogs (8-3, 2-2 Ivy) have now lost back-to-back heartbreaking matches following the team's 5-4 Jan. 20 defeat at the hands of the No. 2 Trinity Bantams.
Princeton (4-2, 3-1 Ivy) rallied for victories in several close matches en route to the win. Tiger Kaitlin Sennatt came back from a 2-0 deficit against sophomore Alexandra Van Arkel to win in five games. Princeton freshman Casey Cortes earned the Tiger's fourth victory after staving off three match balls en route to a 13-11 fifth game victory over Bulldog sophomore Alexandra Kerr.
While the match could have gone either way, Princeton was able to string together enough clutch performances to get the five wins needed to clinch. Yale managed to win at the No. 1, 2, 6 and 7 positions, represented by Logan Greer, Alia Aziz, Katie Ballaine and Caroline Reigeluth, respectively.
The Bulldogs will try to end their two-game losing streak when they return to action on Feb. 6 at Brown.
1) Logan Greer (Y) d. Amanda Siebert 3-0
2) Alia Aliz (Y) d. Julie Cerullo 3-2
3) Jackie Moss (P) d. Sarah Toome 3-0
4) Neha Kumar (P) d. Rhetta Nadas 3-0
5) Kaitlin Sennatt (P) d. Alexandra Van Arkel 3-2
6) Katie Ballaine (Y) d. Nikki Sequeira 3-1
7) Caroline Reigeluth (Y) d. Katie Giovinazzo 3-2
8) Casey Cortes (P) d. Alexandra Kerr 3-2
9) Vanessa Yu (P) d. Katherine Harrison 3-0
report filed by Alex Milvae '12, Yale Sports Publicity
Information used in this article courtesy of Princeton Athletic Communications.