NEW HAVEN, Conn. — The No. 37 nationally-ranked Yale women’s tennis team won all six singles matches in straight sets and claimed victory in all three doubles matches en route to a convincing 7-0 sweep of Quinnipiac on Friday afternoon at the Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center in New Haven, Conn. The Bulldogs improve to 11-4 with the impressive win while the visiting Bobcats fall to 5-3.
Vicky Brook, Jessica Rhee, Elizabeth Epstein, Stevi Petrelli, Lindsay Clark and Sarah Lederhandler all swept through their singles matches for Yale. The doubles teams of Brook/Rhee, Clark/Epstein and Petrelli/Silia DeFilippis also earned wins for the Bulldogs.
Friday’s match served as Yale’s final tune-up for the 2010 Ivy League season, as Princeton and Penn will visit the Elm City in two weeks. The Bulldogs play host to the Tigers on April 2 at 2:00 p.m., while the Quakers come to the Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center on April 3 at noon.
- Brook/Rhee (Y) d. Wilson/Markison 8-1
- Clark/Epstein (Y) d. Cantor/Viebrock 8-5
- Petrelli/DeFilippis (Y) d. Duckor/Sarson 8-4
- Vicky Brook (Y) d. Mary Wilson 7-6, 6-3
- Jessica Rhee (Y) d. Rachel Cantor 6-2, 6-2
- Elizabeth Epstein (Y) d. Adrienne Markison 6-1, 6-1
- Stevi Petrelli (Y) d. Sarah Viebrock 6-1, 6-2
- Lindsay Clark (Y) d. Natalie Duckor 6-1, 6-1
- Sarah Lederhandler (Y) d. Lisanne Steinert 6-3, 6-1
report filed by Drew M. Kingsley, Yale Sports Publicity