PRINCETON, NJ- The Bulldogs wrapped up the ECAC Championships and their first dip into Ivy League play with a 4-1 loss to Harvard.
The Bulldogs lone win of the day came from junior Amy Yang, who played in the No. 2 spot and won 6-3, 6-4. Valerie Shklover was a game away from victory before ending her match unfinished after Sarah Cameron, Sunday Swett, and Elizabeth Zordani fell in their singles matches.
Neither Caroline Amos and Swett nor Sklover/Cameron were unable to win their doubles matches, as the Crimson claimed the doubles point.
The third day of the ECAC Championship saw the team utilize new doubles pairings and featured several players getting in their first action of the weekend. The Bulldogs will look to get back on track next week against Boston College.
Full match results listed below.
FULL MATCH RESULTS – Harvard 4, Yale 1
1. Shklover (Y) v. Oosterhout DNF 7-5, 6-5
2. Yang (Y) d. Ringblom (F) 6-3, 6-4
3. Gonzalez (H) d. Zordani (Y) 7-6 (5), 6-4
4. Amos (Y) v. Gupta (H) DNF 3-6, 6-3, 2-2
5. Li (H) d. Swett (C) 6-2, 6-3
6. Japser (H) d. Cameron (Y) 6-3, 6-4
1. Yang/Zordani (Y) v. Li/Ringblom (H) DNF 4-4
2. Oosterhout/Gonzalez (H) v. Amos/Swett (Y) 6-1
3. Jasper/Gupta (H) d. Shklover/Cameron 6-2