Feb. 23, 2007
New Haven, CT - Continuing their success from last week's victory over No. 67 Boston University, the Bulldogs (3-4) rolled to a 5-2 victory over Boston College at home Friday. Yale won at No. 1, 2, 3, and 6 singles and grabbed the doubles point in the victory.
Sophomore Janet Kim defeated Boston College's Lana Krasnopolsky 6-4, 6-2 at No. 1 singles. Freshman Sarah Lederhandler continued her success at No. 2 singles by coming back after losing the first set 6-1 to win the next two sets 6-3, 6-2. Senior Christine Alford defeated Boston College's Lauren Cash in straight sets 6-4, 6-3.
Head Coach Danielle Lund said the team played very well in the victory Friday.
"I'm very pleased with our win tonight over BC," Lund said. "They're a team we lost to last year on the road by the same score and it's great to get the win this time around at home. Even though BC isn't a nationally ranked team yet, they've had proven results and are a tough ACC team. We're looking to build off of the momentum from this win and the win over #67 Boston University heading into spring break. We've had our spring break opponents circled on our schedule since the beginning of the semester because all four teams we play are nationally ranked and very beatable. Our goal is to work hard on our tennis and conditioning in the next two weeks to be as prepared as possible for spring break."
The Bulldogs play U.C. Irvine during their spring break trip to California March 13.
1. Janet Kim (Y) def. Lana Krasnopolsky (BC) 6-4, 6-2
2. Sarah Lederhandler (Y) def. Dasha Cherkasov (BC) 1-6, 6-3, 6-2
3. Christine Alford (Y) def. Lauren Cash (BC) 6-4, 6-3
4. Allina Sullivan (BC) def. Jessica Rhee (Y) 6-3, 6-2
5. Svoboda (BC) def. Olivia Nix (Y) 4-6, Retire
6. Lilian Nguyen (Y) def. Brittany Delaney (BC) 3-2, Retire
1. Dasha Cherkasov / Lauren Cash (BC) def. Christine Alford/Olivia Nix (Y) 8-2
2. Sarah Lederhandler / Jessica Rhee (Y) def. Allina Sullivan/Lana Krasnopolsky (BC) 8-6
3. Janet Kim / Christina Cutter (Y) def. Gia Nafarrete/Brittany Delaney (BC) 8-1
Report filed by Steven Horn '10, Yale Sports Publicity