March 29, 2009
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Yale dropped its Ivy League opener and dropped to 9-5 on the season after losing to Brown 4-3 in Providence Sunday.
The Bulldogs lost the doubles point in the loss. Yale's lone doubles victory came at No. 2 doubles where senior Janet Kim and junior Jessica Rhee defeated No. 64 Sara Mansur and Carissa Aboubakare 8-3.
At No. 3 singles, Brook rolled to a 6-3, 6-1 win over Tanja Vucetic. Sophomore Lindsay Clark cruised to a 6-2, 6-0 win at the No. 4 singles spot over Mansur. Playing No. 5 singles, sophomore Stevi Petrelli defeated Carissa Aboubakare 7-5, 6-2.
Yale will try to bounce back next week when they travel to face No. 49 Princeton and Penn.
1. Bianca Aboubakare (B) def. No. 116 Janet Kim (Y), 6-3, 6-4
2. Casey Herzberg (B) def. Jessica Rhee (Y), 4-6, 6-3, 6-3
3. Vicky Brook (Y) def. Tanja Vucetic (B), 6-3, 6-1
4. Lindsay Clark (Y) def. Sara Mansur (B), 6-2, 6-0
5. Stevi Petrelli (Y) def. Carissa Aboubakare (B), 7-5, 6-2
6. Julie Flanzer (B) def. Lilian Nguyen (Y), 6-0, 6-0
1. B. Aboubakare / Herzberg (B) def. Brook / Clark (Y), 9-7
2. Kim / Rhee (Y) def. No. 64 Mansur / C. Aboubakare (B), 8-3
3. Emily Elis / Kathrin Sorokko (B) def. Nguyen / Silia DeFilippis (Y), 8-3
Report Filed by Steven Horn '10, Yale Sports Publicity