April 12, 2008
Ithaca, NY - The Bulldogs (9-8, 5-0) kept up their winning ways with a 6-1 victory over Cornell Saturday to improve to a perfect 5-0 in the Ivy League. Yale currently stands alone in first place in the Ivy League. For the second straight day, Yale swept the doubles matches in the victory.
At No. 1 doubles, junior Janet Kim and sophomore Jessica Rhee rolled to an 8-2 victory. The freshmen team of Lindsay Clark and Lauren Ritz pulled out an 8-7 victory at No. 2 doubles. At No. 3 doubles, senior Lindsey Dashiell and freshman Stevi Petrelli cruised to an 8-1 win.
Yale continued their singles success for the second straight day as well. At No. 1 singles, Kim won in straight sets 6-4, 6-4. Rhee took care of business at No. 2 singles with a 6-0, 6-4 victory. At No. 3 singles, Clark defeated her opponent 6-1, 6-3. Petrelli bounced back after losing the first set to win her match 6-7 (3), 6-1, 10-7 at the No. 4 singles slot. At No. 6 singles, Ritz pulled out a 4-6, 6-4, 11-9 win.
Yale will continue their pursuit of perfection next weekend when they play host to Harvard Friday and then travel to Hanover Sunday for the season finale against Dartmouth.
1. Kim / Rhee (Y) def. Googe / John (C) 8-2
2. Clark / Ritz (Y) def. Miller / Cruite (C) 8-7(3)
3. Dashiell / Petrelli def. Chis / Dumitrescu (C) 8-1
1. Kim (Y) def. Chis (C) 6-4,6-4
2. Rhee (Y) def. Googe (C) 6-0,6-4
3. Clark (Y) def. John (C) 6-1,6-3
4. Cruite (C) def. Lederhandler (Y) 6-0,5-7,10-2
5. Petrelli (Y) def. Dumitrescu (C) 6-7(3),6-1,10-7
6. Ritz (Y) def. Miller (C) 4-6,6-4,11-9
Report Filed by Steven Horn '10, Yale Sports Publicity